You can buy with confidence at The A2Z Furniture because we want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase. To make it easier for you, we've included our warranty statement below.
Under Australian Consumer Law, the A2Z Furniture Goods are covered by a warranty that cannot be revoked. In the event of a significant failure, you are entitled to a replacement or refund, as well as compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or injury. If the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not lead to a significant failure, you have the right to have them fixed or replaced.
We recommend that you read our Warranty Policy before making a purchase so that you are aware of our refund and repair policies as well as your rights under Australian Consumer Law.
In this document,
- ACL means the Australian Consumer Law
- As Is means a Product sold in the displayed state, including any defects which have been brought to your attention.
- Warranty Period means the period that we warrant a product will remain free of defects.
- Priced means the price paid for a Product as described in your Tax Invoice.
- Product means a product sold by The A2Z Furniture to You directly as a consumer.
- Tax Invoice means the tax invoice produced for the purchase of Products.
- You means the person to whom a Product has been sold or supplied by Us.
- Website means www.thea2zfurniture.com
Unless otherwise noted on the product page on the website, all products come with a 12-month warranty.
All warranty periods begin on the day the products are received (Date of pickup or delivery).
If you are given a new product (of the same or a different design) as part of a warranty claim, the original warranty period stands and duration will not be extended.
PROOF OF PURCHASE
When requesting a refund, exchange, or repair for a product you purchased from us, you must show us reasonable proof of purchase and may be required to present Photo ID. Proof of purchase includes:
Order confirmation email
- Payment plan details in case of Afterpay, Zippay and Humm
If you have lost or misplaced your tax invoice, we will make every effort to locate transaction receipts through our system. However, we will only accept a bank or credit card statement if the amount on the statement directly corresponds to the amount for which the product in question was purchased. Our ability to establish proof of purchase will be limited if you have bought multiple items in one transaction.
SCOPE OF WARRANTY
To be entitled to claim, the defect in the part or product must appear within the warranty period.
Please keep in mind the The A2Z furniture warranty applies to the original purchaser only (warranty is not transferable).
Warranty applies to products purchased from The A2Z furniture used for reasonable domestic purposes and not for commercial reasons.
Failure to notify us within 7 days of discovering a defect can jeopardise your right to a remedy, particularly if your failure to notify us results in additional loss, injury, or defects in the product.
If a Serious Defect in the Product occurs during the warranty period, we will, at our discretion, fix, replace, or refund for the product.
A Serious Defect occurs when:
- The defect (or defects) are no less than what is considered a major failure under the ACL
- The product is significantly different to any description, sample or model
- The product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time
- The product is unsafe
Scuff marks, compression (not failure) and change of shape of cushions, fabric pilling, loose or fraying stitching, tears to dust covers & minor tears generally will not constitute a Serious Defect under this warranty policy.
We can decide what constitutes a Serious Defect under this warranty policy at our sole discretion. Our decision, however, has no effect on your rights under the ACL.
Subject to ACL, our liability under this warranty policy does not extend to:
- damage, failure, fading, or deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear, please note that the following may occur as a result of natural and normal usage:
- Leather (PU,CU, Air) and fabrics will fade and crease your foam, fillings will soften and form the shape of the user over time.
- Minor stitching abnormalities that arise due to normal wear and tear that are not consistent with a defect or manufacturing fault.
- indentations are normal on the surface of any new mattress as it contours to your body shape. This does not necessarily constitute a manufacturing fault.
- with timber products there will be natural variations in surface texture and grain like knots, mineral streaks and sap runs that may affect the finish. these differences in character are not defects and not covered under warranty
- because most products are upholstered manually, sizes and weights of these products may experience minor variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications.
- pilling is a normal occurrence caused by wear and tear and does not affect the durability or functionality of the fabric and is not covered by warranty
- damage caused on the sofa arms due to application of excessive pressure like sitting on it. Sofa arms are not designed to withstand excessive force.
- damage caused due to dragging the product
- damage caused due excessive presser applied by straps during pickup or due to improper pickup method; or
- damage caused due to exiting a recliner white it is extended; or
- damage caused by improper cleaning or use of improper cleaning products; or
- damage caused by exposing the product to the sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps, or otherwise caused by your acts and/or omissions; or
- damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids; or
- all pet damages;
- damaged caused through any modifications, alterations, improper assembly, tampering or products used in an abnormal manner and not for the products intended purposes; or
- replacement of coverings due to excessive, irregular or improper use; or
- damage (including corrosion) caused by excessive or irregular use, neglect, abuse, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance; or
- damage caused when the Product has been used in commercial environments
- breakage or damage to glass tabletops or mirrors; or
- damage caused by Acts of God; or
- defects in Products sold "As Is" which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
CLAEARANCE ITEMS/ PRODUCTS SOLD AS IS
We do not offer any warranty on Clearance and Display Items sold at a reduced price. Defects in Products sold "As Is" which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase are not covered under this warranty policy. We highly recommend you to visit the our store and check the product before purchasing them.
MAKING A CLAIM
To make a claim under this warranty policy, the purchaser must
- Must notify The A2Z Furniture within 7 working days after the issue appears
- Email us a detailed description of the problem with a copy of the original tax invoice, picture or a video clearly showing the problem to the email address of the respective store from which the goods were purchased. The email address of each store can be found in the Contact Us section.
- Any damage not notified during the claim process will not be covered during the claim process.
Please note it can take up to 7 working days for us to reply as we aim to give us much attention and care to every customer. We will however strive to answer each claim as quickly as possible.
The Purchaser must bear the expense of making the claim, and in some circumstances bear the cost of all house calls, labors and other items. These will be charged to the Purchaser at standard rates decide by The A2Z Furniture.
If a part or product is determined by The A2Z Furniture to have a manufacturing defect, The A2Z Furniture will, at the election of The A2Z Furniture, choose whether to repair or replace that part or product.
COST OF TRANSPORTATION
Should your purchase be deemed to fail our warranty policy, we won’t charge you for any transportation fees associated with pick-up or drop-off during the warranty period within 50 km of store of purchase. A fee of $1 per km each way will apply there after.